05 June 2021

All That Remains ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

It is quite popular to discuss whether a habit, idea, or enterprise is sustainable.  I am not about to launch into a save the planet series.  I do, however, believe planetary stewardship is our obligation.  No matter what you believe, you are responsible for how you impact the world. 


Let me first define sustainability as most people see it then I will segue into my focus for this series.  “Sustainability is  the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level. It is the avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance.” (dictionary.com)   We are the ones charged with caring for our environment. 

This is always true concerning nature and natural resources.  I will likely speak of this as we move along.  What is also vital truth is our obligation to sustain each other as we journey home.  There are things we are supposed to be and Jesus is very clear concerning our commitment to them if we are his followers.  Over the next few days, I wish to examine some of these to measure how sustainable I am making them in my life. 

For too long I planted and tended an unsustainable garden of anger, hurt, control, and ill-focused desires.  I went to great lengths to sustain the unstainable.  It caused harm and pain to many people I love.  Some of those crops still yield distance and rejection.  It took time, yieldedness, and counsel to come to the place where I saw the need to clean up my internal environment. 

I have worked to clean out the toxins to my core.  I have worked on seeking forgiveness and forgiving.  My foundation is loving the Father with all I am and loving humans as he would have me love them.  What comes next is building sustainable attitudes and actions.  These must be planted in the foundation and sustained by it.  They must be thoughts, feelings, and actions whose essence reflect the love of the Father and diminish things that are self-serving.  

I do this to build into my being sustainable habits allowing me to hear the Spirit when he guides me.  I want to journey well the remainder of my travels loving and listening; hearing and obeying.  You are always welcome with me, Dear Reader.  Your thoughts and questions allow me to see more clearly.  Your love and light make me want to be a better man. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Maybe we can plant some trees that help us breathe easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment