14 June 2021

Second Thoughts ~ Marshmelons and the Final Frontier

Greetings Dear Reader, 

In J.M. Dillard's novelization of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, Doctor McCoy played a practical joke on Spock, reprogramming the computer to display "marshmelon" instead of "marshmallow". Although this wasn't filmed, the error in Spock's pronunciation and Doctor McCoy's delight in it are evident in the movie. (Memory Alpha)  




My closest friend posted a photo yesterday of the great marshmallow harvest in the town where he resides.  He too thinks it funny to mess with people.  The laughter of others at his post and their comments served to help me through a hard day.  Before we get too serious, I am OK.  

Still, there are times when I have to keep things off my mind.  Some days, however, I do not feel very strong at all.  Today is one of those days.  I know the situation in which I find myself is partially my fault.  Still, I believe there is a price to pay, long-term when we give up on someone.  We choose to put them into the category of never being good enough to be in the place we said he or she would be forever. 

I am not just talking about couples here.  When we dismiss someone from our lives, we are saying their wrong is too far down the path for us to show them genuine love and kindness again.  I cannot help but think I dare not do this to anyone.  I am supposed to love and show love to everyone.  Again, I admit my own failures and am doing what I can to make amends for them.  Still, there are those who are hurting themselves through a lack of forgiveness and failure to love actively. 

I will not condemn or judge them.  I do feel their lives lack what they need because they hold onto these separations.  We cannot be complete without loving the Father with ALL we are.  We cannot do this when we still have boxed up others as unlovable and put them away.  I am not trying to guilt or shame anyone, rather, I am reminding my own heart how to behave even when it is hurting. 

Finally, Dear Reader, the Father reminds me how completely he has this in his control.  This means if I needed this situation to be as I wished, it would be, because the Father meets all my needs.  He does this when it is a need, not just what I want.  He shows me his love constantly in other ways and I must see, embrace, and find satisfaction in those.  The day holds a costly bargain, Dear Reader.  Will I choose to seek the Father when I hurt?  The only answer that works is, “yes.” 

Mandolin Rain - Bruce Hornsby 

The song came and went
Like the times that we spent
Hiding out from the rain under the carnival tent
I laughed and she'd smile
It would last for a while
You don't know what you got till you lose it all again 

Listen to the mandolin rain
Listen to the music on the lake
Listen to my heart break every time she runs away
Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go 

A cool evening dance
Listening to the bluegrass band takes the chill
From the air till they play the last song
I'll do my time, oh
Keeping you off my mind but there's moments
That I find, I'm not feeling so strong 

Listen to the mandolin rain
Listen to the music on the lake
Listen to my heart break every time she runs away
Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go 

Running down by the lakeshore
She did love the sound of a summer storm
It played on the lake like a mandolin
Now it's washing her away again 

Listen to the mandolin rain
Listen to the music on the lake
Listen to my heart break every time she runs away
Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go 

Boat's steaming in
I watch the side wheel spin and I
Think about her when I hear that whistle blow
I can't change my mind, oh
I knew all the time that she'd go
But that's a choice I made long ago 

Listen to the mandolin rain
Listen to the music on the lake
Listen to my heart break every time she runs away
Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The Marshmallow harvest can keep us out of sticky thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment