09 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Adult Learning


Greetings Dear Reader,

For those of you who might care to know, I have a graduate degree in adult education.  This does not matter that much but in that body of learning is the idea that we are life-long learners.  The core is to be in pursuit of knowledge all of our lives.

This will seem like a large gear shift but I will tie it together.  I think that I have spent more time crying over the last two months than I have all my life.  At the core of that is realizing how much I still have to learn about being a child and being a father.  At the heart of it is the purging of pains I have carried in my heart for as long as I can recall.

Getting in touch with these wounds has helped me to see them in others more clearly.  It is the wounds from our early years that keep us from seeing the Father for the loving, tender God that he is.  Each morning as I sit alone in prayer, I am asking the Father to teach me how to let him love me as a Father.  It is something we all need to learn; some more than others. 

In that learning I am also finding out how to be at peace being alone.  Being alone has always been my greatest fear.  It devours me or at least it used to devour me.  Now, as I spend hours alone seeking the face of my Father, it is becoming something that I value.  I do not yet love it but I am not as pained by it either.

I am over fifty and just now learning how to be a CHILD of God.  It is in this life-long journey of learning that I think I am finding the richest experience.  There are tears, pain, and still fear.  There is also, however, hope and learning. 

There is deeper understanding and the wisdom of others.  I am grateful that the Father wishes for us to learn from him our entire lives.  I am thankful for the stories that are being written in my life even now.  I hope that they encourage you Dear Reader.  Please share one or two with me as we walk.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment