08 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Fellow Travelers


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that happens when we travel is that we encounter new fellow travelers.  I encountered such person the first week I was here.  He spoke words that went straight to my heart.  As I have gotten to know him over the last weeks I have learned much and grown to value this man as a part of my journey.

In a season where I am pursuing being more in tune with the Father, I cannot say how much gratitude I feel for fellow travelers.  In learning to be alone I am also learning how to enjoy without expectation the moments I get to connect with others who are on the path with me.  I am learning to enjoy the time with others without making unhealthy connections of expectation and dependence. 

As we approach Thanksgiving, we will encounter fellow travelers in many ways: as we journey to where we celebrate, in the families that are our destination, and in the encounters with fellow travelers we wish to avoid.  It is that last bit that needs our attention. 

If we are going to love as Christ does, we need to have great gratitude for everyone.  There are people who test our human nature and who we see as adversaries.  We need to be willing for the Father to establish restoration and peace in all of our relationships.  In fact, we need to pursue love and peace with those who have something against us. 

I find that I see my part in schisms when I earnestly pray for those who are distant from me.  I find the errors in my viewpoint, the selfishness in my actions, and the ways in which I need to be a better fellow traveler.  I find these things when I recall the beauty and grace that is in others, forgive the things that I see as wrong, and ask the Father to draw them toward him instead of back to me.

It becomes clearer to me daily that the love of Christ is what matters the most.  Working out my own need to love and be loved by the Father allows me to see the depth to which I have not loved others as well as I should even though I wish to do so.  I am grateful for the fellow travelers who are showing me this kind of love and teaching me how to do so in turn.  The road is long and part of it is walking it without expectations.  Your company is always a blessing and joy for me Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment