18 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Silent Searching


Greetings Dear Reader,

There was a time, many years ago when I tried to learn the value of solitude.  I spent a Thanksgiving Day alone, praying for my family and friends.  I was single and did not realize how much good I had in my life.  I suppose we rarely see those moments when we are in them.  That is something else on the list of things to learn.

Still that day was so painful for me that I felt the change in my heart.  I recall the moment when I determined that I was done being alone.  From then until this Autumn I do not believe I have honestly confronted that moment.  It was the culmination of fear that had built in me since I was a small child. 

On that day I abandoned the protection that the Father offers and gave part of my mind and heart over to my fear.   What I did not realize is that it warped the love and compassion I feel for others into something that was not always beneficial for either of us.  I began a pattern of beginning with the desire to show love to others and then becoming dependent upon their presence to chase away my fears. 

That pursuit left behind so many things that I could become and anchored me to places instead of the great pursuit of following Christ as completely as I could.  Yesterday morning I realized that I might again be spending Thanksgiving Day alone.  I am not welcome where my Sons will be celebrating.  That is not all my doing but true none-the-less. 

As I face the recurrence of that which so deeply damaged me so long ago, I do so with new skills.  I am learning how to be in silent solitude and finding the Father in that silence.  I still feel the fear but have been told that my armor is sufficient.  I still feel the daunting chasm in my spirit but realize that only the Father can fill it.  In the midst of it all is my desire to truly be thankful for all that I do have.

By the time next Sunday comes around I will know how I fared.  It is not lost on me that the day after facing this solitude is called Black Friday.  My gratitude story is that I am searching in the dark for a single match, but it is a match that I want instead of simply need. 

If I can learn to seek solitude for the purpose of being with the Father and letting him care for me, that single match can light the way to what is next.  I feel honored that the Father takes the time to ask me the same question he asks Job: “If you have nothing else, am I enough for you?  Will you be satisfied with just me?”  I am certain that your prayers are a great need for me as well Dear Reader.   I am thankful for you even when I am alone seeking the face of the Father.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment