03 November 2018

The Deathly Hallows ~ A Transition More than A Close

Greetings Dear Reader,


All around the commercial world has sprung into ads for Christmas trees and holiday savings.  My first thought is that any time someone offers to save me money it is accomplished by spending it.  I do not feel the resistance to the “early” mention of Christmas.  I think about Christmas every day.

This is a time of real opportunity for me.  I am facing a hard candy Christmas.  My resources are slim.  My options are few.  Family fractures hang like a specter over my entire reality.  None of this, however, keeps me from my true thoughts on the holy days that will unfold before me.

My entire reason for seeing Halloween and the days that follow as holy is that I wish to set my mind on the things that matter.  I have a letter from my eldest Son that I cherish.  In it he thanks me for reminding everyone what the true spirit of Christmas is.  If I cannot live this when I have little resources then I never knew it at all.

Before I get too far down that path, however, I want to say loud and clear how important the days are that lead up to it.  From now until the end of November is the opportunity to be thankful for what we have.  It is the time to set aside, or that we should set aside to see the blessings in our lives even in our darkest times.  There is always something for which to be thankful. 

As I turn toward my favorite time of year, most of my practices and traditions have been stripped away or abandoned out of necessity.  I may lose more before i transverse the time between now and the closing of the year.  For today, I will invest my life in being thankful for what I have and seeking the Father for my needs.

The things that matter about Thanksgiving and Christmas are all within my hand and heart.  Everything else belongs to the Father anyway and he will give me what I need.  I do wish to keep your company Dear Reader.  Even in the worst of times you are a source of encouragement along the way.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment