22 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Family Beyond Blood


Greetings Dear Reader,

First, I want to recognize that today is an American celebration day.  For those of you reading in other countries, I promise to be salient.  This is the day for Americans where people try to go home.

We gather to feast and celebrate the abundance of all that we have the day before we buy more things we do not need for people to increase that abundance.  I realize this sounds harsh but that is not my intent.  My desire is to point to the fact that we have lost our sense of really bonding around family in place of football, feasting, and shopping.

I would give much to be with all of my children today.  That is not possible.  There is, however, gratitude to be had.  I have family beyond blood.  I was able also to be with my brother and his family as well as my mum yesterday.  Today I get to cook for a family that I love and have long wished for a way to show them gratitude for their ministry in my life.

I will get to see others who are not related to me by blood except through Noah.  Some I have not seen in many years.  At least one is coming because he learned that I would be there.  This is such a beautiful blessing when I thought I would be alone for the day.

We all have family beyond blood.  We all have those in our lives who we love even when there is no clear reason why we came together.  I am grateful if you are with your family today Dear Reader.  Perhaps take a moment to be thankful for them and whilst doing so remember those who are family to you but not really related. 


  • The lessons in this are many.  
  • The big one for me is that sometimes the Father meets his children’s needs through allowing them to serve others. 
  • How we see our needs is not always how they truly are. 
  • There is always someone who needs to be shown the love of Christ. 
  • There is always something to be thankful for. 
  • There is always another gratitude story. 

Happy Thanksgiving Dear Reader.   I love you and wish the blessings of abundance on you.  You are family to me.



Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   




No comments:

Post a Comment