29 November 2018

November Interlude ~ Thanksgiving Leftovers


Greetings Dear Reader,

It has already been a week since Thanksgiving.  Most of us have decorated for Christmas.  The remaining turkey and sides have been consumed, re-purposed, or discarded.  Sage and stuffing are a fading memory as we recover from our feasting and promise to go fasting at some point.

The time with my children was too brief and too absent.  The work I do is there no matter the season, climate, or location.  I turn to it with gratitude in my heart as the words seem to flow more freely this time of year. 

I find that even though I am missing many of the things that make this season my favorite I have a heart filled with love and anticipation.  My usual habits and haunts are unavailable to me.  My traditions are subject to my lack of means and material to bear them out.  Still I have so many things left over for which I am thankful.

My circumstances must never meter or mitigate my gratitude.  Were I to spend the entire year writing about the things for which I am thankful, I should not run out of grist for my writing mill on a single day.  I yearn for the familiar but I also know that I do not want to do so when I may miss the new and exciting adventure that today holds.  I am not at home.  I am headed there.  The road I travel is both terrible and lovely. 

As I miss my children, I will remind myself that even parted from me they are under the watchful loving eye of the Father and his plan for them is what matters.  I have gratitude to render for his providence, his love, and the freedom to care for others with the time I have.  As I near the end of this odd November, I have so many things for which I am still thankful.  How about you, Dear Reader?  Tell me a story…

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment