27 November 2018

November Interlude ~ Giving Tuesday


Greetings Dear Reader,

I suppose I should first ask if you are aware that it is Giving Tuesday?  It is a day set aside to remember that we show our gratitude in giving.  Recall that we have so much more than we remember to be thankful for on a daily basis.

As I have reduced the amount of stuff I own, it has increased my awareness of the importance of people and loving them for me.  I know that it is true but it dominates my thinking more.  That is a good thing.  Beyond that, I find that when I lack for what I need, I feel the limit of my ability to give as well.  I have to become more creative in how I give.

We often do not give because we just do not think about it.  Ponder how easy it is to give when you see the Salvation Army Bell Ringer.  The connection and opportunity are there.  It is why I never pass up a kettle without giving something.  Every penny matters. 

Today is an appeal.  There are people who need your support Dear Reader.  I do not wish to guilt you or push you into anything.  I do want you to consider what you value and how you show that you value it.  Here are some things to consider for giving Tuesday.  I support all of these in some way.  The first one is my own Patreon page.  If we do not support the arts, we enhance the journey toward a darker society.  If you choose to support me, you can do so for less than the price of a Big Mac. 


It is easy to forget how much we have and the needs of others.  In this season of gratitude and giving; in the guff after Thanksgiving and before we begin our December prayer, I ask you to do something.  Do it from your heart, not out of guilt or pressure.  Find someone with a need and be good to him or her.  Remember that “need and want or more keenly felt at this festive time of year.”  

We all need help sometimes.  There are so many ways we can be kinder to each other.  Today is set aside for acting on that kindness in a material way.  If we remember to give when we think we have nothing, it will be easier when we have plenty.  Happy Giving Tuesday Dear Reader.  You are a gift I surely treasure.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com

Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG    

No comments:

Post a Comment