13 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Errand of Mercy


Greetings Dear Reader,

I was sitting with a friend recently in the Salvation Army office.  We were there to sign up for bell ringing for the approaching Red Kettle Campaign.  The person with whom we were supposed to meet was delayed and the beautiful soul working the reception desk provided us with beverages and showed us to some comfortable chairs in the lobby.

We agreed that waiting was not an issue.  Whilst waiting we enjoyed our favorite pastime of people watching.  I use it for writing fodder and we both do it for prayer.  My friend and I often pray together for those we see in distress, struggling, or when we simply feel the need.  As an aside, others do not need to have a problem to need prayer from strangers about which they will never know.

As we people watched, a young man came into the lobby.  He approached the wonderful lady at the desk and explained that he needed a gas card to get to work.  The reception lady, Pat said that they were out of gas cards until later in the week.  We both observed that the young man was crestfallen and looked panicked. 

I could tell from the way Pat interacted with him that he was sincere.  She even said to him that she had no cash or she would give it to him.  My friend did not hesitate, but I want to tell you his situation.  I happen to know that my friend only has about $15 to his name.  I lured him to the Salvation Army office in hope that he could get some assistance.

Without pondering it at all he got up and approached the young man in need.  I could hear him speak, “Sir, do you realize how much God loves you?”  Without hesitation he took money out of his pocket and gave it to the guy.  He then proceeded to pray for the man to find a deep understanding of God’s love for him.  Everyone in the room froze.  We all knew we were seeing love in action and it captured us.

This reminded me clearly of how the Father has everything worked out in advance.  We were glad we were delayed.  In my own dire situation, I know that the pieces are moving in the same way.  I simply need to keep my faith and keep learning how to trust that the Father is never late.  My gratitude story is getting to see someone with great need choose to give instead of take.  What are your stories of gratitude where you see others give?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   



No comments:

Post a Comment