26 November 2018

November Interlude ~ The Person You Want to Tell


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all receive good news and bad news.  This can happen regarding large or small things.  Life events and the daily crossword puzzle can give us that yearning to share what we have learned, discovered, accomplished, or heard.  Now think for a moment about that occurrence.

I saw a meme recently that read: “When you get good news or bad news the person you want to tell first is the person you love.”  This stuck a chord deep inside of me.  It was a major chord.   It was immediately followed by a dirge in a minor key.

One of the things I enjoy the most is sharing good news with those I love.  The same is true that I reach out for those I love when I get news that distresses me or hurts in some way.  The truth of the meme was echoed by the daunting fear of learning to be alone.  This is simple.  When you are alone and have these things to share, what do you do?

It is my fear that gives voice to the minor key in worry and complaint.  It is my faith that needs to take the major chord and run with it.  It is my heart that must recognize that those I love will find out when it is the proper time.  I do not need anything in the moment other that the Father.  He is enough.

I suppose this translates to everything.  We are not designed to be alone but that does not mean that social interaction must happen on our schedule.  What is urgent, whether good or ill to us is still subject to the availability and will of others.  It may be why we post so much on social media. 

Our desire for instant social gratification drives us to forget that our news is not necessarily important to others.  It might be but we do not get to determine that.  The meme may be a great way to identify how we feel about someone or it may be that the individual is the one who speaks our language, nods to our opinion, or feeds on our gossip.

I am supposed to depend on the Father to hear my every thought and concern.  I am counting on him to know what my social needs are and to meet them.  When the good things come and the bad news appears, I want my habit to be to turn to my Father first.  He will already know but wants to hear from me just the same.  I do promise to share the really important things with you Dear Reader and I always want to hear your news, good or ill.  You matter to me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   



No comments:

Post a Comment