15 November 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Saying Goodbye to Stan Lee


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all owe a death.  Over the years we have seen many of the heroes created by Stan Lee and his friends die and be somehow miraculously resurrected.  I waited a couple days to try and write this because this man’s passing diminishes me as well.  We have all lost something with his journey to that undiscovered country.

What I will always carry with me is the way he taught me about creativity.  Tolkien teaches us that we are all sub-creators under the tutelage of the great Creator.  Stan Lee personified this for me in so many ways.

He created an entire universe that began in New York city and expanded to fill the multi-verse.  In his creations I see the lessons of Arthur, Aslan, and Gandalf as well.  His work helped me to learn:
  • There is a hero in all of us.
  • We have powers but others will not always understand them.
  • Sometimes you must keep things secret to protect others.
  • Your enemies can become your friends.
  • Your friends can become your enemies.
  • In either case I must focus on what is good no matter the cost.
  • Using your powers for good is what matters.
  • Hatred will destroy us.
  • There is always a way to do what is right.
From my youth I have watched him create and it has inspired me to create.  My pallet is different buy my heart is to create stories that challenge us all to love each other more and treat each other better.  Thank you, Stan.  You done good kid…

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment