21 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Writing


Greetings Dear Reader,

Since I face this empty page every day, I sometimes forget to be thankful for writing.  It is the thing I love doing the most in the area of creativity.  It is how I wish to make my living.  It is where I find the most semblance to my Creator.

It is in this craft that my gratitude story emerges.  I mentioned earlier that I am under the care of a ministry team who took the time to tell me what they see for me in my journey.  As they explained, they are not telling me what to do but rather telling me what they see and letting the Spirit do the directing.  Still there are things that come out of these conversations that defy human explanation.

One of the people involved in this conversation did not know that I was a writer.  She said that she saw me sitting at an old table, not a desk.  She further said there was a single candle, a parchment, and a pen.  I was writing and the Father was telling me what to write.  I know better than to think that I should begin writing with a quill by candlelight. 

That, however, does not change that at that time and now I am using an old kitchen table and a single desk lamp for my writing.  It is not a desk.  It is not the place I would choose to write, but it confirms that where I am is where I should be at this time.  Again, the mounting number of inexplicable events compels my faith. 

I am not counting on those events to sustain my faith.  Instead I am using my faith to allow things beyond my ken.  I do not have to understand how she knew what my writing space looked like to know that it was beyond her knowledge.  I know that I do not seek the mystical to show me that my faith is valid.  Neither do I rule out its working to verify my reasonable belief.

This means that even when I continue to have very little that I write.  I put the words on the page every day.  That faithful following as a sub-creator has allowed me to complete two novels and a devotional book in a year.  I am writing easier than I have ever written.

I do not know where this is going but I am thankful for the ease and privilege of using words to create.  I love the stories in my head.  I value more the stories behind them that are real and eternal.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and I get to spend it serving a family that I dearly love.  I will, however, first face the empty page and share some of my heart with you Dear Reader.  I am thankful for your love and kindness in ways you will not know this side of eternity.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment