15 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Lettuce Pray


Greetings Dear Reader,

When we are using our eyes for faith and following, I feel that we often see things we normally would not.  I think that the idea that “believing is seeing” has merit far beyond our human ability to find things that we imagine are there.  It can be in the simple things that we find that the care and presence of the Father can be most clearly seen.

This gratitude story is a simple one.  When one is living at the substance level, one notices that little things taken for granted become luxuries instead of common.  The needs of the day are all that one can manage and still do what is required to follow and have faith.  Then there are the random thoughts, whispered to God not necessarily as requests but trying to be in constant conversation with him.

Yesterday morning whilst I was preparing my writing for the day, I was talking to the Father as I do daily.  I mentioned, “I do miss having a refrigerator with salad in it so that I could have one when I wished.  I miss salad.”  I do miss salad and realize the times I let it go brown when I took it for granted.

Later in the morning, as I sat writing at the House of Prayer, one of the staff members approached me.  She said that she had some lettuce and salad mix that she was not going to use and wondered if I wanted it.  She did not know about my conversation with the Father six hours earlier.  I had told no one about that feeling.

I had enough to make a nice salad for lunch and to share the rest with the family that is hosting me.  The blessing of this woman’s generosity is so much greater than her merely sharing her surplus with me.  It is the Father whispering back to me that he is there and hears everything. 

It is easy for cynics to say that it is only a coincidence.  I see their need to dismiss the acting of God as accidental convergence of actions.  To accept that there is real and loving God that cares whether or not this “starving writer” has salad means that all the other grand questions have answers.  Over the last two months I have seen numerous moments where faith and a submissive heart have produced opportunity to see what I believe. 

This gratitude story is to say that we all must find a path to faith and following.  We must stop replacing our dependence on the Father with clinging to people, things, and activities that cannot satisfy.  The songs in my head are in a minor key these days but they are still directed at loving the Father and expressing my thankfulness for his provision.  My desire is that it becomes so ingrained in me to do this, that when things become easier, I do not abandon it one bit.  If we keep diving deeper into this Dear Reader, we may just find that there is much more to it than we ever imagined.  I would be encouraged to hear your gratitude stories about the providence of the Father.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment