10 November 2018

Gratitude Stories ~ Unexpected Encouragement


Greetings Dear Reader,

For those of you who are not writers you may not understand the part of the process where we put our writing out there and have no idea who it touches.  I have said often that I write this blog mostly for my own growth and accountability.  I am, however, thankful when my scribblings in this ethereal sand benefit others.  This story may encourage others and it came just when I needed it.

Many years ago, I was in a position to have an open home and be of practical help to others.  A young man named Adam showed up with another family friend.  I was wary of him but God had other plans.  My younger Son, Bezel has always had a keen sense of discernment when it comes to people.  He told me straightaway that Adam was alright.  Even though Bezel was young I believed him and gave Adam a chance.

I watched Adam struggle with faith, family, and the frustration of trying to balance his life.  I kept an eight-foot-long couch for years so that his six-foot plus frame would a have place to sleep if needed.  Adam has grown into a good man who is hard working and has a beautiful family.

This week he responded to one of my posts and part of hit was the following: “I read your blogs daily and pray for you often.  You have influenced my life and my walk with our Savior more than you know.”  This came at a time when I desperately needed it.  The place through which I journey right now is filled with both beauty and horror.  There is an abundance of grace and constant challenge. 

I am having to see some of my deepest flaws and deal with them in integrity and honor when people I love see me bereft of both.  We all need to realize that the flaws in others that inflame us are no worse than the beam in our own eye.  When we encourage and support others, we give them dry ground to learn and grow.  It is why we are supposed to make our focus love, mercy, and grace. 

One of the things I keep having to believe is that the armor God gives us is enough.  We have power, love, and sound minds.  We can endure the failures of others for the sake of love and grace.  When we do and abandon our pride in doing it, we can also see our own flaws more clearly.  We can learn to see our own need for mercy and grace.

I am learning how deeply flawed I am.  I am finding things to which I have been blind, ignorant, or in denial about my entire life.  I am working to be accountable and seek the Father’s forgiveness and that of those my fractures have harmed.  Adam’s words pulled me back from the path of despair.  That is what you do when you interact with me Dear Reader.  You encourage and empower me to keep following, knowing that even in those hours when I am isolated and in pain that I am not alone.  I am grateful for every moment you take to interact with me Dear Reader. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment