08 August 2020

Diminished ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are diminished.  We as a species are far less than we are capable of being.  Our selfish indulgences keep us from caring for others as we should.  We think we are good because we do small things to benefit others.  In truth, we are filled with wants and habits that keep us from being our better selves.

I do not say this out of self-hatred or disdain for my fellow humans.  Rather, I see that we are all in some way in need of being better humans.  It is in this effort that we need grace.  Trying to establish a hard deck of love requires that we see the need for it around us.

Instead, we indulge our wants and desires to the neglect of the needs of those around us.  I was considering a purchase this week.  It is within my means and suggested by a daily inconvenience.  I have the funds and it is not wrong for me to acquire this item.  Then I learned of the needs of someone else.  I was reminded instantly of how it would bless that person and increase my understanding of how Jesus is. 

I will not say what I did about my dilemma.  Either choice leaves me understanding further how we diminish and grow.  The purpose of the example is to make us all think of what we should be doing to care for each other.  Can my want wait when others have need?  Do I possess this thing for myself or wait so that others can see the love of Christ?  The answer seems obvious here on this page.  It is in the action that our diminished nature asserts itself.

When we choose hate, anger, murder, or things over love for others, we lessen everyone.  Eventually, we reach the place where systematic hatred, prejudice, and murder seem like our rights rather than the lowest state of our being.  We reach the state where we are unjust, unloving killers in the name of our causes, conveniences, or ignorance.  We have done it before and we say we have learned from our past.  We have not.  We must strive today to love through every action.

It is not enough to have won the war on hate in the past.  It is necessary that I actively love in every interaction.  It is vital that I show love through every thought, word, and deed.  This means that injustice may never be acceptable.  It requires that selfishness be always rejected.  It must be that when I fail, I get up again.  When I am selfish, I own it and make up for it with still more love.  In this, Dear Reader, I can keep finding the path to peace, wisdom, and eventually, home.

 Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 
We reach the state where we are unjust, unloving killers in the name of our causes, conveniences, or ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment