06 August 2020

Diminished ~ I Love You

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is a word that we use far too often.  We love our friends or family and we love pizza.  We love our favorite sport and spring mornings.  We love things on a sliding scale.  For me, I wish that a word other than love was used for transactions of approval that were not human.

I feel that we diminish the value of the word, therefore diminishing the value of our love for others.  It is not that love is ever diminished but our application of it is poor.  No true acts of love are wasted but we have become weak in our application of love to the Father and each other. 

We are diminished because we often love things more than people.  We put our wants ahead of the needs of others.  We are selfish with our love.  If we take a cursory look at the troubles others endure, it becomes clear that a suitable application of selfless love can heal many ills.  It is in this application that life is found.  Paul tells the Romans that, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

It is demonstrative selfless love that is the great power in the universe.  That love, applied to the minor activities of our lives sends out notes that build into a symphony of grace, mercy, kindness, and peace.  The path to that which is truly good is always through love.  We obscure that path when we fail to love each other.  We cannot love the Father if we do not love his creation.

I must constantly search for ways to show love to others at every turn.  I must think about love as the essence of what is required to keep from diminishing others.  I cannot be racist, ignore genuine needs, or be selfish and think that I show love to others.  When I see injustice, unkindness, and pain I can respond in love to others.  I can work to demonstrate the Father’s love.  I can make sure that life builds up others and does not diminish them.

The other piece of this is that we do not tell people that we love them.  We do not say it enough.  We use the word but not as we should.  There are these beautiful moments when we have the courage to express love to people from whom we gain no benefit.  In those moments we can disappear and Jesus can be seen more clearly.  As his cousin, John said, “He must increase and I must decrease.” 

The one place where I must diminish is when it allows me to make Christ more evident.  There is no possession or position that matters more than demonstrating to others the unplumbable depths of Christ’s love.  It is that love that I wish to speak over and over, Dear Reader.  I wish to speak it through my thoughts, words, and actions.  I wish for you to feel loved by Jesus in ways that are beyond our understanding.  Oh, and I love you, Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 There are few problems in the universe that cannot be solved through a suitable application of selfless love.


No comments:

Post a Comment