09 August 2020

Jesus Fan Fiction ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

A couple of weeks ago when I wrote about things Jesus never said, I also began musing about the things that others think about Jesus.  When his followers misrepresent him, they create caricatures that allow others to mock him.  If I am to follow Christ and ask you to do the same, then I must be certain that what I say about Jesus is the truth.

There are those who say things about Jesus that are not true.  They become more a fanfiction than they are following.  As a writer of fiction, I choose to be as historically accurate in my fiction that surrounds Jesus.  I make it clear that it is fiction.  Others do not always do so.  There are old writings about Jesus that claim to be contemporaries of his time.  In truth, they are much later and present Jesus in a poor light. 

I wish to think through some things that are immutable concerning the character of Christ to anchor my thinking of both my writing and my following.  I am a supporter of fanfiction but find it poor when the creator of it uses another creator’s world for his or her own devices.  It is theft to deteriorate the characters that another has put so much effort into perfecting.  It is also wrong to misrepresent who Jesus is for our own purposes.

As I travel this path, there may be points where we disagree.  I welcome your thoughts on this and value your questions.  One need not agree with me to be following Christ.  That is all that matters; the faith and following in love.  It is in this path that we can walk together in harmony and peace.  We need not agree on everything if we disagree in peaceful ways.  If we keep the love of Christ as our hard deck, we will make our way to the place where the answers are.

Please keep me company as I sort out the things that are so essential to my following Christ and my writing.  In the end, Jesus is what matters.  If we seek with all our hearts, with integrity, and with faith, we will find our way.  I find it delightful when we seek together, Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 I write fiction but not fan fiction.  I do not wish to ever represent Jesus as less than he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment