07 August 2020

Diminished ~ Interconnected

Greetings Dear Reader,

Since it is summer in Georgia, there is a thriving symbol of that which is interconnected burgeoning all around me.  Almost anywhere I go I can see vast seas of Kudzu.  If you are unfamiliar with this particular plant, it is amazing.  It is edible.  The tea made from its leaves is quite beneficial.  Rarely, one can find purple honey made from its beautiful flowers.

The ample acreage of Kudzu that spreads across untended southern land in the summer astounds me.  It can grow a foot or more in a day.  I have watched it envelop a bicycle in a yard within a week.  It is as invasive as it is beautiful.  It is also a prime example of how interconnectivity serves for good or ill depending on one’s perspective.

The idea that we are interconnected in this way does not always influence our thinking as deeply as it should.  It hinders our understanding of how much impact we have on each other; how vastly and intricately humans are connected.  I love the idea of Chaos Theory.  What I do in this small mountain town influences things in parts of the world I may never see.

If I am to avoid diminishing others, I must capture all thought, guard my words, and ensure that my deeds are loving ones.  I never may know how important my kindness is to another human life.  It may be that a simple act of generosity can change the course of a life.  Perhaps always striving to show love can unleash enough love that it crushes that which diminishes us all. 

If I am going to work out the love that I am required to live, I must be constantly aware that I am connected to every human through it.  I am not going to know if my negligence of love, kindness, and grace that seems minor to me causes great harm elsewhere.  Because I cannot know, I must always strive to land on the side of love.  I must always consider what I do as having the potential to provide great good.  I must love always, be gracious, and be kind. 

We are so diminished through lack of this thinking this way that we harm each other individually and corporately.  The world grows more diminished as we neglect our interconnectivity.  I cannot be a part of that as I have in the past.  My interactions must all be based on the need to love the Father and each human that exists.  I must not be offended by the failure of others to do this.  I must, instead, love them as I wished to be loved.  If I do this, Dear Reader, I am benefitting myself.  I benefit because I am connected to everyone and their wellbeing is as vital as mine.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 This writing, read in Africa, Australia, and other places around the world can serve to connect us in ways I can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment