27 August 2020

Forbidden Fruit ~ Oh my Spleen!

Greetings Dear Reader,

 Some time ago someone referred to my blog as me venting my spleen.  It is not.  Venting one’s spleen is the expression of wrath over something.  So that I have been clear, I am trying to daily engage with my faith in Christ and following him.  I write about it to be self-accountable and so that you can perhaps benefit from my journey.


In the current distress, we see a great deal of spleen-venting going on in reality and on social media.  We see wrath poured on people as an overflow of anger about social and political issues.  The difficulty is that even when the anger is justified, the wrath is not.  Wrath is the putrefied remains of anger that has been held overnight.  It is not something we are allowed to have or visit upon others.

In years past I have dined on wrath and it has damaged me and others far beyond what is just or good.  When a group of people demands that you agree with them or suffer their cumulative anger, that is wrath.  When people riot and destroy things, they are visiting their wrath upon others.  The Father makes it clear that this is not how he wishes us to deal with each other.  He reserves wrath for himself.

I was in a situation yesterday where I was trying to do a good thing.  An individual involved decided that verbally attacking me was the right path to follow.  In my quest to be lovingly unoffendable, this was a real challenge.  It is not always easy to choose to love others.  I failed to be as loving as I could have been but I also did not indulge the anger that rose up in me.  Avalon helped me talk through it later.  I went to sleep having processed both forgiveness and a plan to deal with my feelings more appropriately next time I encounter this individual. 

Between the time I was in the situation and worked my way through it to grace and love, I felt the past anger in me try to gain control of my heart and mind.  What I must always do is feel the anger when it is justified and not feed it with more fuel.  Wrath is forbidden fruit and we can see the impact of dining on it all over our nation right now.

The idea is to feel anger when it is justified without doing wrong.  Then we forgive, apply grace and mercy, and move on in love.  That is the only formula I have found that works.  It is hard and it goes against my pride and need for justice.  That, however, is a topic for tomorrow, Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 
Let us hold a riot for everyone.  It will be SPLEENdid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment