29 August 2020

Forbidden Fruit ~ How Much for Just the Planet

Greetings Dear Reader,

I mentioned a few weeks ago the story, How Much Land Does a Man Need.  It gives us an excellent few of greed.  Another story worth reading is How Much for Just the Planet by John M. Ford.  The stories where we see the greed of others purchase its own demise is one of my favorite kinds.


The difficulty is that I too often use them to mask my own greed.  I touched on this when I wrote about gluttony. It is wanting more that hurts us.  It is being dissatisfied over things that are temporary that makes us greedy.  Even when I try to minimize what I possess and what I desire, there are times when I want more.  There are times when I convince myself that I need more.

When it comes to things, the Father wishes for us to depend only on him for our needs.  It does not mean that we do not work or that we are not to have good things.  It does require that we not chase after power, possessions, and money.  We chase Christ with all that we are and what we need will be there.  Everything we need is ours if we find our delight in loving the Father and following the Son.

I realize that it is simple and may seem puerile.  This is not just a platitude.  It is the way we are designed to live.  When we want things that are not centered on our love of the Father, we are failing to love the Father.  I realize it seems simple.  It is actually the most complex relationship in the cosmos.

If I test this relationship it always works.  It is when I want more that is other than the Father that I fail and fall.  It is my desire to have it all that destroys my faith and following.  I am striving to learn that letting the Father have all of me keeps me from dining on the forbidden fruit of greed.  I have seen the Father provide for me supernaturally but even that is not the goal.  It is to learn that unexplainable provision form the Father is supposed to be as natural as breathing.  In that, Dear Reader, is the lesson that dissipates all greed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Surrounding myself with possessions.  I surely have more than I need.  I don’t know if this is justice hard-earned or simply a matter of greed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment