03 August 2020

Diminished ~ Pineapple on Pizza

Greetings Dear Reader, 

In the debate over pineapple on pizza, I am one of those who loves pineapple as a pizza topping.  In truth, my favorite pizza is bacon and pineapple, a thin crust with extra cheese.  I have been told by others that this is wrong and that they hate it.  They have, however, not hated me for loving it. 

I have never even heard anyone get angry over others having pineapple on their pizza.  I have seen them chide and argue.  There are those who feel very strongly about both sides of the issue.  Still, pizza toppings are never a reason for violence or anger.  I suppose I need to ponder where that line is. 

You see, Dear Reader, as mild as this topic may seem, there are those who would get angry about it.  It is likely not because of pizza toppings.  It is more probable that there is already a full measure of anger in that person.  The toppings issue just tips the cup and the anger spills out. 

Anger turns to hatred if left to fester.  If we hold onto anger, we are engaging in hatred whether we wish it or not.  If we reject someone based on past behavior, we are not doing to them as we would have done to us.  Failure to actively love others is passive anger.  We lie to ourselves and say that we have no malice or that we have forgiven.  We have not if we are avoiding showing love to others. 

We become diminished when we allow our anger to fester into hatred.  No matter what someone else has done, we are required to love that person as Jesus loves him or her.  When thoughts that reveal anger drift into my mind, I must address my attitude and do what it takes to be sure that my process is to love and forgive.  

It is not possible for me to follow Jesus correctly or love the Father with all that I am if I hate anyone.  Keep in mind that Jesus equated hateful thoughts with actual murder.  I know that there are people who hate me.  It is my obligation to love them as deeply as possible no matter how they treat me. 

Further, I must always guard against moving toward hatred of any human.  I can hate wrong things that are done but it must not be fueled by anger.  I hate human trafficking.  I am not allowed to hate those who engage in it.  I am diminished in my understanding if I do.  It is wrong to allow the evil actions of others to limit my clarity in following Christ.  I can move out of love to seek justice for others.  It requires me to patient.  It requires me to seek peace.  

I cannot do any of that if I carry hatred in my heart for anyone.  It is in this narrow path that we can be whole and undiminished.  It is the Father who will prepare the way and make us whole.  It is possible to be provided for even in the presence of my enemies if I love them.  I need to be willing to even share my pineapple pizza with them.  It is living the desire for all humans to find their way to Jesus through love and grace that works.  Shall we work at not diminishing others and so become less diminished ourselves? 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 Even when people hate us, relegate to unloved and unworthy, we must respond in love, grace, and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment