15 August 2020

Jesus Fan Fiction ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we get to the heart of a matter, there is often so much simplicity in the truth that we do not believe it.  We have ways of evaluating the truth but we often like fiction more than the facts.  Creating “truth” that fits our desired outcomes is perhaps the most common form of self-deception.

When we neglect the whole truth about faith and following, we are neither using faith nor are we following.  The truth is all that matters.  It does not mean that we cannot use fiction to open minds to the truth.  It does, however, preclude us from creating stories that build false aspects of who Jesus is.

When I write books about The Foster Father of God, The Praetor, or The Magi, I am not trying to add to the truth about Jesus.  I am trying to tell a story that embodies that truth and teaches it in the backdrop of some adventure and intrigue.  The people who surrounded Jesus during the first century were real.  They lived and died and interacted with all that their world was.

I do my best to research the history and include it in the tale.  I seek to show that none of the heroes or villains were unidimensional.  Including the supernatural that occurs in our journey is simply part of acknowledging the truth that is there.  It is part of how I give space to the truth that the Father is unfolding all things according to his plan.

If my stories draw you to see Jesus as he is, then I have done my part.  Fanfiction, however, does not adhere to the truth.  It creates things outside of canon that are products of the fiction creator's musings.  When humans do this in most cases, it is a compliment to the original creator of the art.  When it comes to the things of God, however, there is no room for changing or diminishing the truth.

I must use the creative gift I am given without indulging in the easy path of neglecting the truth.  It is also required that I always speak the truth in love.  Even when confronting the creators of fanfiction that belies who Jesus is, I must do so with respect and love.  Weaving tales that draw us into the truth is service to the Father, Dear Reader.  

As I currently prepare to deliver another of those stories for your Christmas season, I ponder the character of people who really lived and how they interacted with Jesus.  When we journey through these lives, we can see love, grace, and mercy lived out as the Father intends.  That is a tale worth telling and hearing.  My next fiction will be about the Magi and their journey.  Following that will be a tale about Judas and how he arrived at his place in history.  None of it will be fanfiction.  Please stay with me as your company is always a source of joy for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The tales we weave surrounding Jesus must never violate the truth of who he is or what he has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment