07 August 2020

Second Thoughts ~ Purple Honey

Greetings Dear Reader,

Many things command my attention currently.   Some of them are so amazing to me that I struggle to articulate them.  I watch those around me deal with challenges and realize how deeply I am blessed.

I wanted to take some time to think through some of the wonders in the world.  Recently, a dear friend shared his struggle with me about his journey.  He has taken up my challenge to learn to be unoffendable.  The warning that comes with that challenge is that it is very difficult.  It is painful.  The journey, however, is beautiful.

Things that used to evoke anger in me are now points where I listen to the Spirit, talk to the Father, and attempt to follow Christ more closely.  Energy I once put into control and demands gets used to show love, be kind, and create.  In this endeavor, I am discovering things that I can enjoy without the need to possess them. 

There are beautiful things in the world that can encourage our journey.  There is always something more amazing to find as we make our way home.  They are easier to find when we work a being lovingly unoffendable.  We can see the beauty in creation, innovation, and our fellow travelers. 

In just the last few months I have discovered purple honey; a mysterious honey formed rarely and only under the right conditions.  I have seen people I love work hard to be better at being good parents, partners, and providers.  I see my Grandsons growing into intelligent compassionate young men.  I see hope where others only see problems.  Even when I am challenged by the seeming slowness of progress, I am sure things are unfolding as they should.

I find things daily to move me forward.  I face the blank page with deeper determination to make it where I breathe daily.  I do not grow weary of the work or the chase.  I find more things for which to be grateful.  There are endless ways to express my hope, faith, and grace.  Less and less things bother me.  The need to control and know what is next diminishes constantly.  I long for situations but am content.  I still feel nostalgic for things I have never known but in a good way.  I still hope for things I have lost to return to me but none of them are material and will not force them.  I will gladly journey with you, Dear Reader.  We can discuss ways to show love better and perhaps discover some purple honey to share.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

There is purple honey, the bumblebee bat, and new horizons yet to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment