31 August 2020

Forbidden Fruit ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether we like it or not, there are things that are forbidden.  They are all connected to things that are good.  The good things have been corrupted by our selfishness.  They have been diminished by our failure to love.


When we engage in anything, we must do so out of love.  Anything else detracts from our relationships.  Things void of love lead to pain and suffering.  The vast complexity of our universe is all guided by whether or not we love the Father and love each other.  We have taken this simple reality and diminished it to something we ignore or give lip service to when necessary.

When we begin to view everything through the lens of loving the Father and each other, the things we hunger for become things that are good.  When I look outward to the needs of others and do my best to serve out of love for the Father, I diminish the call of my own selfishness, greed, cravings, and anger.  I can use the power of love to crush the voices of things that harm and degrade.

The paradox is that it is never about me and when I embrace that truth, it is all about me.  What we are all intended to be is warriors of love.  “The point is the love story. We live in a love story in the midst of war.”  (John Eldredge) We are able to change the world around us through the power of love.

The key is to learn to dine on love.  The answer for me is to love always as my primary diet.  Then, those fruits that are forbidden will not seem and desirable.  We will struggle at this.  It is in us to desire both and that is part of the journey.  When we seek to love the Father first, we have all we need to love each other as well.  We can see the needs of others and find ways to meet them.  We can, through example, coax others out of the deadly orchard of forbidden fruit and onto the pathway home.

I want to only live this way, Dear Reader.  I know I will fail at times.  I am certain that we will fail each other.  I am also certain that setting it right is as simple as using love and grace to extend mercy to each other.  It is helping each other to stand again.  It is giving space for the wretched fruit to pass and for the love to nourish us.  As we move on to other thoughts, I hope that I can sustain my love through the Father’s love so that you may see it more clearly.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“The point is the love story. We live in a love story in the midst of war.”  (John Eldredge) 

No comments:

Post a Comment