02 August 2020

Diminished ~ Let The Sun Set on It

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I have been to a couple of beaches where the sunsets always captivated me.  I used to make time to go to one of them just to clear my heart and mind.  I would consciously release the things of the day that were not healthy to carry into my sleep or the following morning. 

Anger diminishes us.  It has its place but that existence must be short-lived and empty of pride and vanity.  It must not be coupled with malice or violence.  Anger’s purpose is to honestly reflect that which is wrong at the purest level.  There are times when we must be angry but, in that anger, we must not do wrong.  

Part of this is seeing how holding anger diminishes us.  I used to anger easily but I also sought to serve my own purposes and designs.   I used my just anger to fuel anger that was unjust.  I held anger too long and it diminished me.  There is a good reason that anger is not supposed to last the day it is born. 

As I strive to live this way, I find fewer things about which to be angry.  Too often, what I used to make into anger is actually hurt.  When I identify how I feel properly, I can be more merciful and deal in deeper grace.  Do not think that I have mastered this.  Rather, Dear Reader, I am trying to avoid diminishing anyone.  If I hold onto anger, I diminish those who I am supposed to love. 

It is very difficult to show love and anger at the same time.  One would better serve love by setting aside the anger.  We must not bury the things that are wrong.  We must speak the truth in love.  The anger, however, is always optional.  It may take time to let go of anger we have held for years.  It is worth the effort. 

Others will tell us to be angry.  They will wish us to hold our anger in support of this or that cause.  The cause may even be just.  The only way to hold anger is to diminish the love for the object of our anger.  Instead of constant forgiveness, we administer constant judgment and condemnation.  

It is never anger that brings peace.  Anger never restores love. Fear feeds anger.  Hurt takes on the guise of anger so that we burn away our pain in the heat of rage.  Then we find that we cannot let go of the flame as it diminishes both our target and us.  If I find anger as my first response to anything, I must ask what it is consuming for its fuel.  I must put out its fire before it diminishes me altogether.  The best way for me to do this is to allow it only a candleflame that I extinguish before I seek my sleep each night.  Let us agree to daily snuff out this candle, Dear Reader, lest we both be diminished to irrelevance or worse. 

Love Reclaims the Atmosphere – Burlap to Cashmere

I'm staring at the mirror
As the shadows plague my room
In every risen hero there's a choir that resumes

I used to be a soldier but a painter I became
I used to walk on water but now I fan the flame

Oh, the dizziness of traffic as her garden starts to wither
She opens up her violin so the darkness can forgive her
And today we'll crucify the fear
As love reclaims the atmosphere

There is guidance in transition when the body starts to rust
The earth begins to rumble and the particles of dust relay

Their message of decay
Oh, the dizziness of traffic as her garden starts to wither
She opens up her violin so the darkness can forgive her
And today we'll crucify the fear
As love reclaims the atmosphere

Be honest in transition when preparing for the feast
Send blessings to your critics and careful with the least of these
Release the prisoners free

 Wishing you joy in the journey,

 Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 
 

“And today we'll crucify the fear as love reclaims the atmosphere.”

No comments:

Post a Comment