16 August 2020

Good to Grace ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is a management book, Good to Great by Jim Collins.  It is one of those books that can transform an existing entity or create a lasting foundation in a new venture.  I recommend it for anyone starting a new business.

There is something beyond that though, I wish to ponder.  When do we in business, friendships, and all of life get to the place where we think of moving from good to grace?  Yes, I meant grace.  I read recently that of those who identify as Christians, over 60% believe that they can earn redemption.  Whether it is a belief that one must maintain a certain set of rules or that one must be “in balance” between good and bad deeds, there are those that think they muse merit redemption.

A further danger is that we move into the area of thought that we maintain our status of redeemed by what we do.  Some apply faith for reclamation but then invoke a system of good deeds to merit the continuation of their favor with the Father.  There are those who move through life thinking that their good deeds are what keep them safe from separation from the Father.

What I wish to work through over a few days are the areas where we intentionally or accidentally infuse good works into the redemption process.  The idea is to get our thinking from being good to receiving grace.  It is by grace that we are redeemed.  It is by grace that we are held.  We do not own redemption that can be broken by what we do. 

If I am to see the redemption process properly, I must be clear on my thinking here.  If I am to follow in faith, there must not be any area of my thinking that is entrenched in my deeds, good or ill, as a contributor to my reclamation.  Rather, those deeds evidence my obedience to the Father that has taken me in as his own.

Please, Dear Reader, travel with me through this thinking.  Adopting a deeper understanding of how grace works in me will help us both embrace it.  As always, your thoughts and questions are a vital part of my journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium        
 Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 

“‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment