11 August 2020

Jesus Fan Fiction ~ All You Need is Love

Greetings Dear Reader,

Almost every day I refer to love as the foundational essence of my journey.  This is true.  I mention that all other things involved in following Christ are built upon this.  Loving the Father and all humans is the only place to stand.

Beyond that, however, we must not fail to understand that if we do not represent the other aspects of Jesus, we are writing fanfiction.   God is love.  That is not all he is.  Built upon that love are other aspects of God that must remain pure and complete.  Because we do not understand the harmony fully, we sometimes neglect them.

I am speaking of things such as holiness, righteousness, and justice.  These are the hard work of following Christ.  We are supposed to be like Christ in these aspects as well.  If we neglect them, then the love upon which we stand becomes tainted through failing to reflect all that the love of God is. 

We do not need to dwell long on this.  We must leave judgment and condemnation to the Father.  It is not my place to engage in this.  I must, however, focus on these things as facets of my journey toward home.  I must make sure that I work to be holy, righteous, and just in my interactions.

When I fail to be holy; set apart to Christ, then my love for others will be self-serving.  If I am not righteous, then I become a hypocrite and my love will be tainted by my fallen nature.   Injustice in my life will result in failure to love everyone.  I will measure it out by my standards instead of the Father’s.

If anyone suggests that I accept that which is wrong based on the love of God, I must also ask if it is holy, righteous, and just.  If it is not, then they are asking me to accept their version of fanfiction about God and not the real Jesus.  I must adopt all of this with humility as well.  If I do not then I will not be measuring them out with love.

Even when I reject how others suppose Christ to be, I must do this without judgment of the person or condemnation of their lives.  The way grows narrower when I attempt to put these things in balance.   It is still this path that leads us home, Dear Reader.  It is still the truth that makes the story unfold for us all. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

 Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 If I leave out the aspects of following Christ that are difficult, I am writing fanfiction that does not fit the canon.

No comments:

Post a Comment