05 August 2020

Diminished ~ Unprotected

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of my passions is to be gentle and kind.  I feel this means that I should warn you that this post requires some hard-toed shoes.  I try not to ruffle toes or step on feathers but it will be difficult to think through this honestly without treading on someone else’s thinking concerning their “rights” and “freedom”.  Let me, therefore, begin by saying that I love you and am not angry.  If I make you angry, that Is not my intent.  I am trying to think through the truth for my own journey and you are welcome to walk with me.

Yesterday, I talked about the vital need to guard our hearts against selfishness because it leads to anger and hatred.  I pointed out that hatred of anyone is the equivalent of murder in the eyes of Christ.  It is the antithesis of the command to love every human.  We, therefore, must examine carefully who it is we murder.  What death is acceptable to us?  What lives are expendable for my rights and freedoms?

As you see, these are hard questions if the hard deck for my journey is love.  If I am willing to take a life over my possessions, am I following Christ?  If I refuse to be inconvenienced to the point that I am willing for someone else to die, am I loving my neighbor.  We are diminished, Dear Reader.

We will tolerate children being put in a detention center because it does not fit our political stance so we are diminished through lack of compassion.  We allow racism in subtle ways or are ignorant of it because we do not demand that every follower of Christ show unfailing love to every human so we are diminished.  We allow those who are homeless to lie in the cold and we ignore their need for food, shelter, and love so, we are diminished.  We are bathed in the blood of murdered unborn humans because we demand our “rights” over the life of another, so we grow further diminished every day.  Every human death diminishes us; especially the ones we cause due to our selfishness, pride, and hatred. 

Our culture is diminished because we prefer our possessions and power over the needs of others.  I am guilty of this.  I have reasons that seemed good at the time but the truth is that nothing matters more than protecting our love; genuine love for others.  Selfishness and greed lead us to hate others so that we can dismiss their lives.  We trade human life for pleasure, possessions, and personal freedom. 

There is no anger in this writing.  I am weeping for the lives we forfeit and the souls we tarnish because we grow further diminished every moment that we fail to embrace this truth.  If I am to live a life that follows Christ, I must abandon anything that is not centered on loving the Father and loving other humans.  It is never about my rights when the wellbeing of other lives is in the balance.  I am required to follow Christ and seek the Father, counting on him to supply all my needs.  In that, Dear Reader is that way of love, wisdom, and peace.  If I have angered you with this, please explain it to me.  I do not hate anyone and I am only seeking to journey well. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
 
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Can we justify allowing others to die without talking about our own "rights"?

No comments:

Post a Comment