22 July 2020

Check Engine Light ~ Closing Thoughts



Greetings Dear Reader,

There is a running gag in The Big Bang Theory about Penny’s check engine light.  Sheldon is in her car for the first time and points out the light.  Penny says she just ignores it.  Sheldon says that it should be seen to straight-away.  Three years later, when her engine goes, Sheldon reminds her that he told her to get it checked.

It is easy to see the blinking check engine lights in others’ lives.  We are quick to point them out.  Sheldon had the funds and ability to see to her light and her needs.  He lacked the compassion to do it.  Instead of pointing out those warnings, perhaps we are better serving others to help.

Better still, perhaps we must be vigilant to see and heed our own check engine lights.  If we tend to our own foibles and failings first, we are in a position to help others out of love and kindness.  If we find that we are seeing others’ failures and not our own that is also a vital blinking check engine light.  We must work on ourselves and tune our lives as needed.

Only when we maintain the warnings about our own journey can we help others with theirs.  I must be constantly aware of my need to love more deeply, treat others with kindness and respect, and be aware of the needs of others.  I have to seek deeper humility, integrity, and justice in all that I do.  I must always accept that the check engine light is going to come on.  It is in checking it that I find a way to peace, Dear Reader.  It is in addressing the problem that I can travel on free of worry and potential breakdown.

I will never reach the place where the light will not come on at times.  I cannot be perfect.  What I can do is seek Christ in every step and look to reflect his love to others no matter how dire the situation.  The journey home is over a long winding road.  I must not fail to be aware of how my engine is running and the quality of fuel I give it.  There will be misfires.  It is up to me to do better, to love better, and seek to run the race in a way that brings others with me.  You are always welcome in my journey, Dear Reader.  You are loved more than you know and perhaps more than you can see.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

The check engine light will come on but the next step is always ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment