31 July 2020

I Never Said That ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

 We are going to hear from both supporters and detractors concerning the things that Jesus said.  The goals will be control, mockery, or sincere.  People will use Jesus for their own purposes and objectives.  Many will claim to understand “what Jesus would do” without really reading what he said.

 In thinking about this over the last week, I see that it is important to know what Jesus did say.  It is vital to understand what he requires of me regarding my actions and attitudes.  It is equally important that I understand clearly how I am to think about others.  The requirement to love first above all things with every human helps.  Adding to this a quest to become unoffendable makes for interesting times. 

 With this as a place to stand, the reality of how deeply we fail to follow Christ becomes blindingly clear.  I cannot hope to live this way without constantly rehearsing what Jesus says about the kingdom and how we are to live it whilst it is still hidden.  I often ponder how much easier it would be if the reality of Jesus in our time were more visible.  That, however, would mean that faith was not the medium through which we follow.

 It is my duty to make Christ seen through love and peace.  It is part of my faith that I deal in mercy and grace.  I cannot love the Father without obeying the command to hear His Son.  As I seek to do this, I can only prove that I hear him through my love and kindness to my fellow travelers.  Part of this is knowing what Jesus said and applying it to all that I think, say, and do.

 As we journey on to other thoughts, Dear Reader, I want you to know that even when I fail to do this, it does not change the truth.  Jesus wishes for us to see him in each other.  His desire is that we do all that we can to hear his voice and follow the great commands. If that is my focus, then all else does seem to fall into place.  It is not easy but it is simple.  The idea of preceding anything I say with “Jesus loves you so I am going to say…”, seems to really work.  Most of the time I say this in my head.  With some, I have earned the right to say it out loud. 

 The point is that nothing hateful, judgmental, or unkind can follow.  I cannot be selfish or demanding and live this statement.  It is in choosing to love first that I will find the strength to be generous, kind, and unoffendable.  In these things then will I see the path of peace so vital to finding my way home.  You are a part of that process that I enjoy.  Thank you for your companionship and love as we travel.

 Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, “That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page: www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook 
Twitter
Medium 
Instagram
BLOG Archive: http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/

 

Knowing what Jesus actually said makes it much simpler to do as he asks.


No comments:

Post a Comment