29 July 2020

I Never Said That ~ Plan and Succeed

Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems odd for me to write about this but it is also something bout which I must think.  Until you buy enough of my books for me to only write for my income, I work as a project manager.  I spend my time at my sustenance job planning things in great detail for many people.

The truth I have learned in doing this for a few years is that every plan has a defined critical path and that my plan needs to change the moment I submit it.  No matter how carefully I plan and how hard others work to execute a plan, there are variables.  Still, it seems that we live in a world that insists we must plan or we fail.

At the core of this is something that Jesus did say.  He was speaking to a Pharisee named Nicodemus.  Jesus is explaining the necessity of being born spiritually.  He says, “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

I would like to see that project plan for the wind.  No human would comprehend how it flowed.  Yet the Father directs the courses of the wind.  I guess the point I am trying to apply is that plans are good but the Father already has them for us.  Jesus never tells us to plan everything out.  He insists that we follow him and let his plan carry us along.

Jesus never tells us to plan it all.  We are not to become so embroiled in schedules and events that we neglect the truth that it is not our plan it is his.  If I worry when I cannot plan and when my plans get derailed, I have made my plans an idol.  What I am trying to do is make sure that my plans are always subject to the leading of the Spirit.

The only way I have found that works is to make plans that I think are good.  Then, I must live in the moment, seeking Christ and his love.  When we realize that our plans supersede this, we are worshiping the plan and not the planner.  I am being borne by it and not living as if I am born of the Spirit.  I think that we can become people who only seek to live out the ideal of the kingdom. 

We can learn to do as Jesus says at the end of the Sermon on the Mount.   After telling us not to worry about food, housing, income, and clothing, he assures us that all this will be provided if we follow him.  Then, his conclusion is to seek the Kingdom of God and God’s righteousness.  He promises that if we do that, all that he has discussed in his discourse will be provided for us.

I must plan in a practical way but I must make all my plans subject to what Jesus did say.  Success is never attached to my proposals as planned.  It is attached to my faith and following.  I do not use the King James translation much because it does not reconcile with our current English well.  In it, however, the word “success” only appears once, Dear Reader.  It is the beginning of the Father’s instructions to Joshua: “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”

It is not planning or success that gets us home.  I mentioned earlier in this series that Jesus never said we had to make it on our own.  He promised to always be with us.  That same promise accompanies the promise of success to Joshua: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

I wish that I always thought this way.  I am renewing my mind to do so as best as I can.  Your company in the journey makes me wish to do so even more.  My desire is to seek Christ in every moment and follow him.  When you are in those moments as well, the journey is rich and we can hear more clearly what Jesus says.  That is a plan with which I can live.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

We worry when we cannot plan and when our plans get derailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment