05 July 2020

Your Brother’s Keeper ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether we like it or not, we are an interdependent species.  We can, if we choose to, live alone and without congress with other humans.  It does not produce our best selves.  It yields some good occasionally but is not how we are designed.

The first murder is a result of failing to understand that we are responsible to care for each other.  All oppression, theft, discrimination, and hate stems from not seeing that we are responsible for the care of each other.  When we dismiss anyone, we are dismissing those for whom we are required to care.

I cannot imagine that we can fix this outright.  We are all selfish in some way.  There are those who demand equality for everyone but those that disagree with them.  We hear demands to care for others made by rich people who do nothing to make that a reality.  There are those who claim to love Jesus who segregate and disrespect people because of race or class.  There are none of us who are not guilty in some way of failing to keep our brothers and sisters.

We work for our side or our cause.  We let anger and violence be our stance over things that can only be solved through peace and love.  We think that the only way to bring peace is to “sacrifice our children and kill all our enemies.”  The only way to create peace is through love and kindness.  We may think we cannot get there, but the path to it begins with accepting that we are not better than anyone.  It starts with recognizing that everyone who suffers contributes to my suffering.  All hunger is my hunger.  “Every man’s death diminishes me.”

The path to peace is how I treat store clerks, bus drivers, and strangers in the store.  It is celebrating every life as though it matters as much as mine.  It is realizing that my life matters more than I acknowledge.  It is seeing our lives through the eyes of the Father who declares that we are all fearfully and wonderfully made.  It is, Dear Reader, the acceptance that even when I do not like it, I am my brother and sister’s keeper.  I will be accountable for how I treat everyone and how I allow others to be treated.

We are all headed in the same direction.  Whether you share my faith or not, we will all have to account for how we treat each other.  We will all be asked about how we treated the least among us.  I have failed to be always aware of my obligation to others but that does not mean I cannot spend the remainder of my journey working to love every human in my path.  It means that I can let peace begin with my interactions with others everywhere I go.  Please, Dear Reader, let us try to walk together in peace.  It is easier than you think.

Let There Be Peace on Earth – UP Concert Chorus

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
Let There Be Peace on Earth
The peace that was meant to be

With God as our Father
Brothers all are we
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow

To take each moment and live
Each moment in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment