06 July 2020

The Path of Peace ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I suppose that if we are going to call for others to live peaceably, we must provide them with the way to get there.  It seems obvious to me but as I am often told, I am an idealist.  I know that the thinks that I think can work in the real world but too often we use what others might do as an excuse to do it first. 

We live in a world where the value of the golden rule, “do to others what you would have them do to you” is lost.  Instead, we live by rules of lead such as, “do to others because they might do to you”, or “do to others because they have done to you.”   The leaden responses carry us into violence, hatred, and war.  They rip away peace and love.  They deny our obligation to walk on a foundation of loving grace. 

We see a further reason here to be unoffendable.  If we respond to every offense with love and grace, we create the possibility for peace.  There will never be a place in our journey that does not offer anger and hurt.  We choose where we step no matter how bad the circumstance.  The idea is to choose peace through love at each step.

I need to think through what keeps me on the path of peace.  I want to be sure that I focus ahead of time on what my responses are so that I use them in tense situations.  We are often told that we just react to things.  Whilst this is true on some level, we react with the responses we have learned.  It is, therefore, necessary to train our minds and hearts to love and grace so that we react in peace.

Please walk with me as I process how I am going to recognize, accept, and walk the path that allows me to live peaceably with everyone.  It will not be easy, Dear Reader, but it will be simple.  The journey home will not be a short one until we learn to walk in peace together.  Even if we have to struggle with every step, we can learn to do so with love and grace in our hearts and minds.  Please walk with me and share your thoughts and questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment