17 July 2020

Check Engine Light ~ Do Not Do That To Me


Greetings Dear Reader,

In the pursuit of being lovingly unoffendable, I have stumbled upon a formula that seems to work as an instant check engine light.  The idea that I do not want to be offended because I want to deal in love naturally requires a moment of pause before I engage a response to that which is offered as a slight, an insult, or an attack.  In our minds we play the line, “You cannot do that to me.”

Further, that moment of pause can be used to check some vital areas of our thinking.  When I respond with this thought, no matter how it is worded, I have the opportunity to check some systems of thought vital to not being offended.  I can use that moment every time it occurs to engage in love first.

The first thought that I can engage is whether I do to others what I insist cannot be done to me.  If I take this position, I must ask if I am doing this thing to others.  I must consider that if I am so offended by a phrase or action if I am guilty of that action regarding others.  Hypocrisy is a glaring check engine light that we often ignore or do not see.

Another aspect of this is that if I am unwilling to have something said or done to me, I must not be willing for it to be done to others by a third party.  I do not have to get angry or offended by the injustice.  I do have to work to end it.  We are not allowed to passively allow others to be treated badly on any scale.  The requirement is that we lovingly and peacefully work toward justice for everyone. 

Every instance of injustice or unkindness for us is an opportunity to check our hearts and minds.  Before engaging our offense engine, we can search to see if we can learn from the experience.  We can choose to put others ahead of ourselves out of love.  We can love the Father by holding our peace.  The vilest insult cannot reach me if I cling to the Father.  He promises to fight for me. 

When I make sure that I think through how I act before I respond, it yields natural humility, Dear Reader.  It causes me to take an extra beat to check my engine to ensure that it is fueled by love and grace.  It gives me a moment to focus on the Father and following his Son.  It allows me to embrace peace and keep the engine light from blinking.

I am not required to be offended.  I am required to care.  If I put my focus on loving others, I will be able to fend off most offenses.  I will be able to better exemplify my commitment to love and grace.  In this thinking, the journey can be sweeter and the road less weary.  We carry enough that we must without overloading our lives with offenses we need not pick up.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment