07 July 2020

The Path of Peace ~ Make me an Instrument


Greetings Dear Reader,

There exists a piece of music that is my favorite in all the strains of melody I have ever heard.  It has no lyrics and is a full six minutes of beauty and delight.  I will leave a link for you so that you can carry this loveliness with you as well.  The Inner Light by Jerry Goldsmith; enjoy it and use it to calm your soul.

For me, that piece of music is the answer when I am losing my piece.  During times of great trial or distress, I have slept with it playing over and over.  Those instruments are used to create peace in me.   They calm my spirit and soothe the beast within.

As I listen, I often recite the Prayer of Saint Francis.  We cannot prove that it was written by him but the truth is still there.  I wrote about this at length some years ago.  You can find that here.  The first line is my focus today, “Lord make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred let me sew love.”

The picture with my blog today is one of a statue of Saint Francis.  He would make it clear that African American lives do matter if he were here.   I think, however, that he would do so in love and peace.  He would want monuments to hatred uprooted but he would do it peacefully and in love.  He would deal in hope when others despaired.  The entire idea of following Christ is that we do things peacefully, lovingly.  

No matter what the issues are, or which side you are on, I see far too little of that today.  It means that I must approach everything with this goal in mind.  I must live a life that promotes peace in every situation and at every turn.  It is me that must become the instrument that plays a song of peace to others. 

It is not easy and I have much to learn.  It still is the way of wisdom.  It is the path to home.  There are no limits to what we can accomplish if we become instruments of peace.  We can find this peace in our determination to be lovingly unoffendable.  It lives in our ability to be the conduit of Christ’s love in every situation.  It is up to us, Dear Reader. 

As we make our way through these interesting times, I plan to focus more deeply on peace and letting that be the song I play.  I urge you to do the same.  If they attack you for being peaceful, you are not the problem.  The weapons that work on the war against hatred and violence are love and grace.  Patience and kindness yield peace.  It is what we must be about today and every day.  It is this that will put us in the place to play the song of love through the instrument of our hearts.  If I strike up the tune will you sing with me, Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment