30 July 2020

I Never Said That ~ You Will Always Be Happy

Greetings Dear Reader,

 Americans care about the pursuit of happiness.  It is one of the reasons the colonists exited from the British.  We declared our independence partially in response to a God-given right to pursue happiness.

 The truth of this is clear.  We are allowed to pursue happiness.  We are not, however, guaranteed it.  We may pursue what makes us happy but it has also been shown that happiness is elusive.  Also, it is true that happiness is a choice. 

Our happiness is a source of our perspective.  We are not guaranteed happiness and pursuing it may be an error.  I think that when we pursue happiness, we are trying to grasp mist and missing that which we should pursue.  I mentioned at the end of yesterday’s post that what we are to seek is the Father and his kingdom.  

When we pursue the Father, no matter what the circumstances we can find joy in the journey.  That is where we are guaranteed success.  That is the great and sustaining truth in our struggle against wrong and pain.  Joy comes from following Christ.  Happiness is a state of mind in that pursuit.  It is the obverse of the coin of worry.  When we worry, we are not pursuing Christ and, therefore, cannot be happy. 

Jesus clearly told us not to worry.  He specifically required that we trust the Father to care for our needs.  He also insisted that we clearly understand what we need and what is a false pursuit of happiness.  When we seek things tied to our own interests, no happiness is available.  The illusion of it will divert us from following the Son.  Like the aforementioned gossamer, it will be gone as soon as we grasp it.  

Our choice is between following the Son and not following him.  I want everyone to be happy.  I also know that the only times I feel happy are when I view both good and bad things through the perspective of following Jesus.  I find my joy in the journey, Dear Reader, through my hope in the Son.  I find it in loving others as he loves them.  This frees me from worry allowing me to be joyful in whatever state I find myself.  

Jesus never promised that we would be happy.  He said that we would find joy in our journey home if we follow him and seek the Father.  It is the only way to find the narrow path and avoid discouragement.  I will do my best to seek the joy of following Christ and choose happiness over worry.   You are always welcome on the path with me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, “That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page: www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook 
Twitter
Medium 
Instagram
BLOG Archive: http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/

The pursuit of happiness is our liberty but it may not be the best life.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment