14 July 2020

Check Engine Light ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I mentioned my friend Adam last week.  One of our discussions involved check-engine lights.  I will tell my part of the story but I will also invite Adam to guest post in a Second Thought about his.  He is an excellent writer and would find his way to speaking truth well given the platform.

My check engine light came on last Autumn.  There was a serious need.  I had it repaired and it was expensive.  Just after that, it came on again.  The need was not as serious and my service personnel explained that it could wait.  It still bothers me but I was waiting until I had put enough money in my car fund to have it addressed. 

On my recent trip, the problem cleared itself (I was told this was a possibility) and I could feel the weight of the light being on when I noticed it was out.  My friend Adam was with me, telling me his check-engine light story when it happened.  This is what made me want him to share it.    

It also got me thinking about how there are metaphorical check-engine lights in our lives.  We get warnings that things are not right but sometimes we ignore them.  Sometimes the warning is steady and sometimes it is blinking.  Either way, we must pay attention.

I do want to use the metaphor of the check-engine light to look at the ways in which I need a warning to function as I should.  The way in which my car works is that if the check engine light is on steady, there is a problem that needs attention soon.  If it is blinking, then the need is urgent.

Please walk with me, Dear Reader as we use the manual to find out what to do about our check-engine lights and the indications they announce.  Perhaps we can find a better way to service our lives so things stay on the road.  I will always value your interactions with this.  Every journey is better with your company.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment