09 July 2020

The Path of Peace ~ Dried Up Wells

Greetings Dear Reader,

The home I had before I lived alone was over one hundred years old.  Its water source was a well.  That water was the second-best water source I have ever experienced.  I commented to a colleague once that my well water was sweet and he was skeptical.  I brought him a gallon of it and he agreed.

The idea of well water is always pleasant to me.  I have only once gotten to reel up a bucket dropped in a real well.  That too was memorable water.  That same well dried up a few years later and the owner explained that the water table beneath his land had shifted during an earthquake.  The idea that he no longer had his water source concerned me.  He reassured me that he had a team coming to drill him a new well.  Still, his rustic stone well with the little birch roof and bucket hoist became an unused decoration.  His spouse filled the bucket with flowers that draped over the side of the well.  It is lovely but not the source of life-giving water it once was.

When I try to replace my love of Christ with anything, I am trying to drink from a dry well.  When any love distracts me from loving the Father with all that I am, that is me worshiping an idol.  The things that replace our faith and faithfulness are modern-day graven images to the gods of entertainment, greed, and desire.  We drink from these wells and wonder why we are not at peace, why we are not satisfied, and why we still thirst.

Jesus says that he is the water of life.  He reminds us that all our satisfaction can be found in him.  We look for it elsewhere.  We struggle against the truth and replace other things for love of the Father.  I must only find my delight in the Father and following the Son.  I must not place anything else in the cup of Christ.  Only through this can I hope to journey well.  Only in this water will my thirst and yours be satisfied, Dear Reader.

Dried Up Well – Mustard Seed Faith


All through this life
You wander here and there
Looking for something anything someplace where people care
You search for meaning in a dark and dying world
You get no smiles except from those you know so well
And it's so hard
To even tell
You're trying to drink
From a dried-up well!!

And through the years
The many roads you take
The many dreams you had the life you tried to make
The precious moments the suffering and the pain
The many times your happiness became tears that fell like rain
And the emptiness you feel inside
Is like a bird
That that hasn't learned to fly!

And now a door
Opens wide for you
The door is Jesus
Won't you come and walk on through?
His living waters will fill your dried up well
And overflow it with a love that you can tell is the answer you're looking for
All you dream of
And so much more!

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

When we stop trying to drink from dried up wells, we find that there is clear sweet water available to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment