16 July 2020

Check Engine Light ~ When You Wait Properly


Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems so easy to be patient when things are not possible yet.  I tend to grow impatient when things are close.  I used to ask to sleep in the van the night before we would leave for the beach because I wanted to get to the beach so badly.  I grow impatient when I am excited.

The real check engine light for my patience is when I try to move things along faster than they are naturally moving.  I long to only write for my income.  If I do not work well at the job that currently provides my sustenance and work at my writing then I will not get there.  If I am impatient about either, then I am not going to work well.  It is vital that I work well at both.

I cannot add anything good to my circumstances when I am impatient.  This attitude of not waiting properly for things to unfold leads to anger and anxiety.  It causes me to push others, lack gratitude for what I have, and miss out on the good things that happen whilst pursuing my dreams.

When we grow angry and impatient, we say and do things that are not healthy for others.  Impatience can be my check engine light that I am not living in the moment.  It can be the sign that I am not following Christ but my own agenda.  I want to spend my mornings writing and my afternoons serving the needs of others, Dear Reader.  If I am not a good worker and constant writer whilst I am waiting for that life, I may not be prepared for it when it arrives. 

I cannot control how things unfold.  All that I can do is make sure that I notice when I am growing impatient, adjust my bearings, and follow Christ allowing him to arrange things as he wishes.  I can use that check engine light of feeling impatient to re-center my mind and heart so that I am following in love and faith.  It takes time to get where we are going.  Your company on the journey helps me remember that patience will win the day if I just keep walking.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment