09 September 2020

A Prismatic View ~ Everyone Deserves…

Greetings Dear Reader,

We often hear about the things to which we are entitled.  During political events, politicians promise to protect or provide certain things.  We hear people saying that they are entitled to certain treatment or provision.  A sense of entitlement is used to claim things and to accuse others of neglect.


At the core of the problem is that we view our lives as deserving something.  We even believe at times that we deserve something from God.  If we start with a sense of entitlement, we are not dealing with God in truth.  We have failed to embrace the humility necessary to approach the Father. 

We think that because God is love, that we are entitled to be provided for out of his love.  Sometimes, however, his holiness, righteousness, and justice must be satisfied in order to show his love.  His love must not violate his other attributes and none of them change. 

The Father’s light cannot be refracted to negate the aspects of our lives that require grace and humility to obtain.  The entire light of Christ is required for us to see that we are not entitled to anything.  It is grace and mercy that move Christ to provide for us through love and generosity.  Instead of feeling entitled to anything, we must learn that everything we receive is ultimately a gift from the Father.

If I am going to follow Christ well, I must maintain the understanding that everything is a blessing and that I have far more than I deserve.  At any facet of life where I begin to feel entitled, I must remember that all good things are a gift that can be rescinded as easily as it was given. My obligation is gratitude.  My understanding must focus on the fact that the Father wishes for me to see him and love him in all of his aspects. 

When we take on entitlement, even if it is based on our need, we neglect the grace of the Father.  We lose sight of the fact that we follow and are not entitled.  If we focus on things as a blessing and a gift, we are less likely to think we deserve or are entitled, Dear Reader.  It is a struggle for me in some areas.  I forget that all that I have and all that I am is a gift that I must treasure.  If I follow in this attitude, perhaps I can do better at seeing Christ clearly and following him more closely.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“All that I am.  All that I ever was.  Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment