11 September 2020

A Prismatic View ~ Lest We Forget

Greetings Dear Reader,

Nineteen years ago, today, I went to work thinking that it would be a normal Tuesday.  We had the habit of turning on the morning news in the conference room and I had a feed in my office.  The feed that morning was from Good Morning America.  It was the first morning where the air had that tinge of crisp cold air that heralded the onset of Autumn. 


The line I heard was that “there is a fire on the upper floors of one of the Twin Towers.  Some witnesses say a plane has hit it.”  I called Avalon and told her to turn on the news before she went to work.  We were both watching and talking on the phone when the second plane hit the other tower.  As the day unfolded, we realized that the world was changing around us. 

We became a unified nation, briefly.  We recalled what it was like to be a single point of light focused to work as one.  Then we forgot at the speed of light.  We are so divided that I wonder if even another great tragedy like that morning could unite us.  Every life lost that day should remind us that when we work together, we can accomplish great things.  It should tell us that we have larger things to consider than our internal differences. 

I am not saying that there are not matters we should address.  I am saying that we need to work together as a focused beam rather than divide and hate each other.  We cannot forget the events of that day but we must not use them to hate.  We must use them to unite, to love each other, and to make a better world.

If I ponder the results of that day for me, it goes back to the time before it when we failed to love others as we should.  What was done was wrong but so is every instance of failing to love others no matter who they are.  We cannot rescue humanity if we leave behind that which unifies us as humans.  We cannot survive the tragedies in our world if we do not treat each other with love and respect.

I must carry away from remembering this day, thoughts of love and kindness to everyone, even my enemies.  It is never going to be fractured light that guides us home, Dear Reader.  When I think that I should do anything less than love others, I must remember that it was a failure to love that leads to the hatred that caused that September morning to change us all.  I must choose to love every human no matter what he or she intends for me lest I forget how deeply I need love, grace, and mercy in my life.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When I fracture the light of humanity into colours and creeds, I lessen who we are created to be as humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment