19 September 2020

Guardians of Forever ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I watched my favorite episode of Star Trek: The Original Series.   This episode first aired in April 1967.  The title is The City on the Edge of Forever.  It involves time travel, questions, and love.  My first thought after re-watching it was that since I was a boy I have always wanted to find a way to save Edith Keeler. 


It is during this episode when I was a boy, that I believe my guardian nature emerged.  I wept for her as a drifted off to sleep that night.  It marked me and resurged in me years later when Captain Kirk says, “I don’t believe in the no-win scenario.”  Neither do I Captain.

I do wonder if we have accepted too much loss in our world.  I ponder if we feel defeated about too many things.  I face challenges and decisions over the next few months that measure my faith and willingness to follow Christ.  My new book, Magi: The Gift Bearers will be out in a month.  You can Pre-Order Here.  There is even a contest.  I am closer to having my motorhome and will update you on Project Tortoiseshell in a day or two.  I could even turn the corner to full-time writing in the next few months.

Fear tries to tell me that I cannot do all of this.  Fear is a liar.  It wants me to believe that I cannot win. It tells me that I am unworthy of the things I long for that are good. What I must ponder in all of this is that I follow the All-Time Winner.  I am not saying that I deserve or am entitled to anything good.  I am saying that Christ wishes for me to remember that if I guard the forever things, everything else will sort out as it should.

I want to spend a few days slowly moving toward in my thinking on the things guardians guard.  It changes over time.  In the end, what we really guard is that which sings out into eternity.  Even when we lose focus, the Father uses what we do for good.  He moves every piece in the cosmic dance closer to redemption. 

It was the Guardian of Forever who taught me how many things spring from asking a question.  It is why I invite you to share your thoughts and questions with me, Dear Reader.  It is the source of the name for this blog.   As we journey through how a guardian must be in these times, I hope you have some insight for me.  As always, I share what I learn so that you may pick up something of value along the way.  My primary focus is that I figure out how to guard my heart and mind so that I follow Christ more closely and guard the things that are eternal.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We guard what we cannot see so that others may find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment