03 September 2020

For Weal and For Woe ~ …and Taxes

 Greetings Dear Reader,

If we are honest, we all dislike paying taxes.  That thirty percent or more of our income could be used for much better things.  Still, Jesus makes it clear that we are to pay the taxes. 

We then object to the ways in which they are used.  I agree that homeless veterans and our elderly deserve more than our representatives from the billions of dollars that our government collects from us.  The waste that occurs bothers me greatly.  We have ways to object and to require better representation.  Unfortunately, we mostly leave it alone and complain.


For weal or woe, the use of our taxes is our responsibility but where I am thinking is a bit beyond that.  I must do my part to hold those who serve in government accountable.  I must not worry or complain about the incursion into my pay.  Jesus spent a great deal of time explaining and proving that we do not need to worry about money.  We are supposed to live by faith in the Father’s provision.

Beyond that, we are supposed to be generous and share what we have with others.  The poor are our responsibility, not the government’s.  We need to get this formula in our hearts and minds.  The Father will provide for our needs and we are to share with others out of love and compassion. Since the Father allows us to be taxed, we must lovingly speak our concerns and pray for our leaders.  Then, the smart thing to do is forget about that money and use what remains wisely.

I find that living this way creates great freedom.  I am free to see a need and meet it.  I am privileged to hear the Spirit direct me to help someone and respond without worry about my own situation.  This thought allows me to work and wait for the things I desire.  It even allows me to temper those desires in the right way.  It allows me to align my desires with the Father’s.

Our resources are provided by the Father whether we acknowledge it or not.  If I am to follow in faith, then I must accept that all that I have is a gift and it is all to be used to follow Christ more closely and share with others in their need and in my joy.  All that we have, Dear Reader, is meant to help us along the way whether it is taxing or not.  Whether things are good or ill, we are promised that our needs will be met.  Learning to trust that is part of the joy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Render unto Caesar what is Creaser’s and to God what is God’s”

No comments:

Post a Comment