23 September 2020

Guardians of Forever ~ No One Likes Everyone

Greetings Dear Reader,

I used to say to folks that “I am required to love you, but I like you too and I have a choice about that.”  It was intended to let people know that I cared about them by choice and not just obligation.  Someone then asked me how I lovingly disliked someone. 


Once that question was posed, I had to take time to think through the process of choosing to dislike someone.  When it came down to it, we choose to dislike people because of our own prejudice or because of their behavior.  We know that our own prejudices are outside of the love of Christ, and, therefore, forbidden.  I will not belabor that.  When I find my own prejudice causing dislike, it is time for me to change my heart.

Then there is the dislike based on behavior.  If I think through this, it becomes a process that butts up against love.  Here is my process and how I work through it.  I will warn you, it ain’t easy.  If my dislike is based on preferences, then it is not justified.  To dismiss anyone based on preference is to feed my pride and act in an unloving manner.  Dislike of another based on preference is, therefore, disallowed.

What about evil or malevolent people, I ponder?  This leads to a couple of difficult questions.  The first thing I must address is that every human is to be loved by me.  If I am dismissing someone, it is difficult to show her or him love.  We have forgotten, I think, how to disagree about morality and values and still be loving.  If we do not show consistent love no one will hear our message that there is a better way.

Further, when I set aside those who hate me, I am no better than they are.  We need to remember that we are the ones who compare sin and marginalize those whose sin we consider worse than ours.  If I dislike someone because I find the flavor of their sin odious, I am missing the point that the Father knew the nature of every human when he commanded us to love everyone.  In the case of people who seem evil to me, if I dislike them, I am failing to recall my own unrighteousness and the depth of grace I need. 

If I am going to obey everything the Father commands, loving others is a foundation but it is not enough.  Guarding forever means being good, kind, generous, and peaceful with everyone.  I have to extend these things to all humans in a spirit of guarding the love of the Father for them.  It takes another quality that needs constant revision.  I must focus on humility as well, Dear Reader.

No one likes everyone.  I think that I must, however, endeavor to see the beauty and uniqueness that the Father has created in every human.  We are all eternal beings trapped in a temporal shell.  If I train my mind and heart to be good and kind to everyone, I am guarding that which reaches into eternity.  I am guarding forever.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium        
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment