02 September 2020

For Weal and For Woe ~ Death…

Greetings Dear Reader,

If you have been reading me for some time, you know that I deal with death in a fairly straightforward way.  My first published book, Chronicles of Thanatos the Reaper is an explanation of the necessity of death.  Death is part of life.  It may be the part that we least accept as belonging.


We comfort ourselves with palliative placeboes about the dead and use the loss to our own purposes.  We do suffer genuine loss and we do feel real pain at that loss.  Rarely do we deal with death in a way that acknowledges the God who allows it.  I will not speak to the purpose of death here.  I would, instead, palaver about the way we walk with it.

Humans have astounding skills at avoidance.  When the topic, like death, clashes with our ability to cope, we can avoid it as if it does not exist.  Then death stops by anyway and we are unprepared for his visit.  If we do not ponder and palaver over the good aspects of death, we are not able to process its unwelcome invasion of our reality.  The difficulty there is that death is the reality and our avoidance is the fantasy.

Many are still grieving the loss of Chadwick Bozeman.  I think that he understood death.  When death did him the courtesy of telling him what he was fighting and how it would end, he lived up to his own words.  Mr. Bozeman had previously said, “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything You gave me.’”  His approach to his cancer was not to use it for public attention but to keep working and fighting.  Death is inevitable and I would laud Mr. Bozeman for his faith and integrity. 

Death is the transition that we all face.  It is the debt that we all owe for the life we are given.  We choose whether we accept him for weal or woe.  I try to choose it as the transition that will fulfill all the things of which I dream.  In a time where death is part of the daily conversation, I hope that I am living out my thoughts on it.  I see many around me who have just settled in fearing death but doing nothing with life as they wait for his unwelcome visit.

What I must do is listen to Chadwick Bozeman.  I must use the gifts given to me in each moment of life.  I must love life but also realize that it is only a dress rehearsal for the great adventure waiting for us beyond the horizon.  There are those who will mock me for my belief.  Instead of being offended, I intend to live life more deeply by loving them.  I am not better than them.  I am simply going to honor my Father by letting him worry about it.  We can see death as weal or woe Dear Reader.  The choice is ours.  We are accountable for how we live and for our attitude about death.  When he shows up for me, I hope that I have the faith and courage to welcome him as a friend who is there to guide me home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜Ê– ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 
 

Some things are inevitable and we choose whether they are for weal or for woe.

No comments:

Post a Comment