30 September 2020

Blessed Darkness ~ Gratitude Armor

Greetings Dear Reader,

We have decided to capture every thought as a shield against darkness.  Rote recitation of comforting truths is the second method we have for keeping our mind from wrestling with us in the quiet dark.  These are not either-or choices.  They are lights against the darkness; armor against that which assails us.


Sometimes, when the thoughts of worry and doubt try to assail me, they are connected to the things I am anticipating.  I mentioned last week about my thoughts on Project Tortoiseshell. I thought acquiring it was within my reach.  It would have been simple as I went to sleep the following evening to despair over my loss due to my anticipation.  The truth was that I had not lost anything. 

As my mind tried to turn my focus to sadness, I pondered the things that were good about the situation.  I ran through the things that were positive about my day.  I pondered just how present Christ was with me in each of the events that unfolded.  I expressed gratitude for protection, love, and the opportunity to help someone else.  I found joy in the faces of my friends as they realized that the Father was using them as well to create harmony in our journey.

Gratitude for what we have allows the mind to dwell in lovely safe places.  It gives me armor against the darkness that is vital to the rest we need.  Worry and fear transmute into gratitude and peace when I recall all that the Father does for me.  When we dwell on the providence of God, we find that even the darkness holds blessings. 

If I am going to practice the presence of Christ in every moment, I must realize the full effect of gratitude as a protection against fear and pain.  The quiet dark can be a good companion if I am reviewing how the Father has provided for me.  It becomes blessed darkness when we meet Christ in the final moments of our day thanking him for his guidance and presence.  Thoughts that harm me cannot swim with those that draw me closer to the Father.

Again, this Is not always the answer and there are those who have established pathways of worry and fear that need assistance in breaking free from them.  Still, the effort to have more gratitude is never a wasted one, Dear Reader.  When we do so privately, we are more likely to do so with others.  We can carry the thoughts of the blessed darkness into the morning light rested and ready to follow Christ in the moments of a new day.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 

BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

An attitude of gratitude can give our good thoughts more latitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment