06 September 2020

For Weal and For Woe ~ “Be the Change”

Greetings Dear Reader,

I mentioned when I first moved back to the South how what seemed like extraordinary politeness in the North was common here.  As I have watched our nation become continuously divided over the last couple of years, I have seen common courtesy erode at an alarming rate.  I have witnessed the world devalue humans based on preference, politics, and religion.


It pushes me to ponder whether I am going to change.  Our visceral responses tell us to fight back when we are attacked, insulted, and disrespected.  Jesus tells us not to resist our enemies.  Jesus asks that we return good for evil.  The mark of who we are is not when we love others who are good to us but when we do that and love those who hate us.

If the days continue to darken, I have to choose if I am going to cling to this standard.  For weal or for woe, I want to do this.  I want to keep smiling at strangers but I have to make sure it reaches my eyes if I am wearing a mask.  I will wave at toddlers in line at the shops.  I am going to offer to help you if I see you struggling. 

When someone is hungry, I am going to feed him or her.  No matter how much we disagree I am going to acknowledge your value.  I am going to secretly do good things for people out of love for the Father so that they cannot thank me and may be nudged into seeing him. 

Sadly, there will be those who disbelieve and distrust this based on my past failures or their own scars in life.  I will not let that discourage or dissuade me.  If I cannot love you when you are angry at me, then I cannot love you at all.  If I refuse to love you through active generosity and kindness, then I am refusing to love the Father and to follow the Son.

I cannot allow the world around me to become a place where love is invisible.  It is possible to become a little better every day.  People will ask me what the use is.  They will mock love and grace.  They need it even more.  I must be ever kinder.  I must have more humility, grace, and generosity.  My pride and possessions must not matter. 

We cannot sustain following Christ if I will not continue to be kind.  I do not need to be the change.  I must be salt and light.  I am obligated to love deeply and permanently.  I must not allow lies and slander to damage my faith and following.  It does not matter what others do to us, Dear Reader.  What matters is that for weal and for woe, that we show the love of Christ to everyone.  We do not need to be the change; we need to refuse to change our love into anything less than the love that Jesus freely provide for our journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 

 

For weal and for woe we can refuse to be changed by hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment