29 September 2020

Blessed Darkness ~ Unseating Worry

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we try to confront the darkness alone, bringing our thoughts into captivity is primary as we discussed yesterday.  There are, however, those nights when my thoughts assail me no matter how vigilant I am over them.  The best way I have found to keep the mind from producing thoughts that are disturbing is to occupy it with thoughts that are good.


We worry, even though we know that worry is not healthy or needed.  When worry assails us then we have to choose where to stand.  Sometimes, I occupy my mind with reminders of how much I have that is good and beneficial.  I dwell on the ways in which the Father provides for me and the grace and mercy he pours into my life. 

My mind will at times respond to these efforts with stronger exertions to engage me with worry, doubt, and fear.  A mentor from long ago taught me something that seems to always work.  If I occupy my mind with the right truth, I can drift off to sleep and find the rest I need.  I use the 23rd Psalm.  I silently review it over and over until I fall asleep. 

I am not saying that this will work for everyone but the truth in those short lines is eternal.  It reinforces the understanding of who we are to the Father and how much he cares for us.  It addresses the present and the future.  It puts us in mind of the relationship we have with all things.  They are under the Father’s care and control.

When I am trying to transform the assailing night into blessed darkness, I must focus on truth and the comfort the Father offers, Dear Reader.  I forget and suffer needlessly.  When, however, I remember to dwell on the words of the Father, I find better rest.  I hope this helps you but I am sure recalling this truth has already benefitted me.

Psalm 23 (NASB)

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.  Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When simply bringing our thoughts into captivity is not enough, focusing our thoughts on the things that help us makes us stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment