04 September 2020

For Weal and For Woe ~ Pandemics

Greetings Dear Reader,

In case no one told you, we have a pandemic going on.  I was discussing this with someone on Sunday.  This individual was frustrated by our inability as a species to eradicate the virus. 

As we discussed this, I realized that what my friend was really on about was the lack of control we have over life.  I asked this friend if control was the issue.  It clearly was and my friend admitted it.  We began to discuss all the things that we cannot control.  Taken to its logical conclusion, what we can control is very limited.


During times of global or local strife, we want to control our lives.  We want things to unfold as we wish them to unfold.  Basically, we want the illusion of control even when we cannot regulate the world. We fail to see that the problems that emerge in the world are not what we need to control.

What we need to understand is that we must control our thoughts, attitudes, and responses. We can choose how we think and feel whether the world around us turns for weal or for woe.  One of the popular memes right now is the one that reminds us that there is always something to be thankful for in the world.  An attitude of gratitude that we can carry is one that reminds us that we take so many things for granted.

In the best and worst of times, we have blessings in our lives.  I always have things for which I can be thankful.  I cannot control who loves or hates me.  Neither can I control pandemics, social unrest, or the weather.  All that is in my control, however, is enough.  I can choose to think, feel, and act in a loving way.  I can do this no matter if the world around me offers good or ill.  I can do it in faith.

It is in that choice that joy, kindness, and peace are found.  The real pandemic facing us is our lack of love for each other and our unwillingness to be grateful for what we have.  The true pandemic is our failure to love each other.  What sweeps our globe is unrest and anger because we cannot control things the way we wish.  Part of that is that we do not all wish the same. 

I will choose to see that my joy is found in responding to things with love and grace.  No matter if the world unfolds for weal or for woe, Dear Reader, I can treat those in my path well.  I can be better today than I was yesterday.  The things I cannot control can flow around me, harm me, or help me.  My heart is to respond in love to all of it.  That I can and will do my best to control.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

There is a pandemic we never talk about that does far more damage than a virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment